Saturday, October 5, 2013

button, button...where do they go?



"what happens to the buttons on your shirts?", i ask the hubs...
his reply...."i don't know, check the dryer"
he also blames the dryer for missing socks and for shrinking his clothes...
(the dryer & the attic have both been accused of causing his clothing to no longer fit)
hmmmmm.....
and all this time i was blaming twinkies & bowls of lucky charm cereal 


mending....do you mend or get rid of?

i mend when i can although i will admit,
 people have outgrown various pieces of clothing
before i get around to it 
some even graduating from high school

mending isn't high on my priority list...unless it's something i want to wear right now
and if that's the case, i have been known to sew a button on a shirt while wearing it 
you've done that right?



do you take buttons off old shirts before turning it into a rag?
oh tell me i'm not the only one that does that...

yea...i didn't think so

~*~

5 comments:

  1. I have a button collection too :) I try to mend as well, especially if it's a favorite item.

    Hope you are having a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't have a button collection, but after seeing yours, I need one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also have a button collection, but usually use them for crafting :) I mend clothes, but I mus confess that they usually sit in the mending basket for months..... :) Have a happy Monday!

    Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought I was managing my button phobia OK. Your post put me a little into shock. I will have to go home and touch a button and chant, "it's okay, i can sew them, i can."

    Anyhow, I save the buttons that are "extras" with a garment but I like the idea of re-cycling the ones in shirts that are going to the wear no more place.

    I only mend that which my skill is capable of, which is really, really minimal. I guess that is the equivalent of 98% no. ha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I mend... to the point my daughter thinks I can fix popped balloons and other such items that clearly can't be fixed. And the buttons, I donate a of my clothes if they are in good condition. But if they've seen better days then those buttons come off in the hope that I'll be able to put them to good use again.

    ReplyDelete